Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
BPL Updates
  • Channel 9 got broadcast rights again
  • Rajshahi & Khulna coming back
  • Sylhet SuperStars will not participate in BPL 2016
  • Players draft will be on 30th September
  • BPL 2016 starts from 4th November
Latest topics
» Chittagong Vikings - 2016 Squad
Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:57 pm by Admin

» 168 overseas players added in BPL-4 draft
Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:17 pm by Admin

» 133 cricketers included in the ‘Palyers draft of BPL4
Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:56 pm by Admin

» Gayle goes to Barisal, Afridi to play for Rangpur in the BPL 4
Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:05 pm by Admin

» Dhaka Dynamites - 2016 Squad
Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:45 pm by Admin

» Shakib Al Hasan becomes top icon for BPL
Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:30 pm by Admin

» Comilla Victorians - 2016 Squad
Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:08 pm by Admin

» Rangpur Riders - 2016 Squad
Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:26 am by Admin

» Shakib heads the icon list of BPL 2016
Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:57 pm by Admin

Facebook

Players being enticed before auction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Players being enticed before auction

Post  Admin on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:11 pm

The players’ auction for the Bangladesh Premier League may turn into a mere formality as franchisees are involved in underhand dealing with players, it has been alleged. The BPL governing council planned to host the auction for both local and foreign players at a city hotel on January 19, but players confessed they have already been approached by the franchisees.

‘I was offered more money than my base price. But to get that money I was told to withdraw my name from the auction,’ said promising leg-spinner Nur Hossain. ‘But I refused the offer and decided to try my luck in the auction,’ said Hossain, a category C cricketer, whose bidding will start from $20,000. When contacted left-arm spinner Enamul Haque Jnr, he also said that he has been approached by franchisees, though none made any solid financial offer.

The allegation of pre-auction talks with players was evident in a comment of Athar Ali Khan, a Rajshahi official, who admitted that they are in touch with several players. ‘We are trying to contact several players,’ Athar told reporters during the logo unveiling ceremony of Duronto Rajshahi franchise. Asked if they are allowed to do this, an embarrassed Athar quickly withdrew his comment, though the secret was already leaked.

Gazi Ashraf Hossain, chairman of the BPL governing council, warned the players not to get involved in this kind of act and said they will take exemplary steps if they found anyone doing so. ‘No player should get involved in this kind of dealing and if it is proved then they will be sent home rather than playing in the tournament.’

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://bplt20.actionboard.net

Back to top Go down

auction

Post  Apurba007 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:34 pm

great............... Cool
Apurba007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: