Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
BPL Updates
  • GTV & Massranga will telecast BPL 2017
  • Sylhet Royals coming back in BPL 2017
  • Players draft will be on 16th September
  • BPL 2017 starts from 4th November
Latest topics
» Chittagong Vikings - 2017 Squad
Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:14 am by Admin

» Tom Moody joins Rangpur Riders as the Head Coach
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:37 pm by Admin

» Rangpur Riders - 2017 Squad
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:32 am by Admin

» BPL 2017 to start from November 4
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:50 am by Admin

» Comilla Victorians - 2017 Squad
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:09 am by Admin

» Khulna Titans - 2017 Squad
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:32 pm by Admin

»  Dhaka Dynamites - 2017 Squad
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:14 am by Admin

» Chittagong Vikings - 2016 Squad
Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:57 pm by Admin

» 168 overseas players added in BPL-4 draft
Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:17 pm by Admin

Facebook
Sponsored

Dhaka Gladiators refrain from naming captain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dhaka Gladiators refrain from naming captain

Post  Admin on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:23 am

The logo unveiling ceremony on Tuesday at a local hotel in the city marked the formal journey of Dhaka Gladiators that started sans naming the captain unlike Duronto Rajshahi. Though former skipper Mohammad Ashraful is the icon player of Dhaka, the Gladiators which have already named total team and coaching staffs, adopted wait and see policy to name the captain.

Ashraful’s continuous erratic batting form might have been the prime cause of not announcing him captain earlier. Ashraful, considered one of the finest batsman ever Bangladesh produced could never translate his sheer talent into the international cricket at regular basis like Shakib Al Hasan. Still his eye-catching match winning knock against some big guns of the world made him unparallel to name him icon as Dhaka Division.

But his career hit low over the last two years as he was not considered as the first choice player always. As an icon player he got the responsibility to inspire his team and made example which would be a tougher job for him considering his batting form.

Ashraful, who also played for Mumbai Indians in IPL, however was not worried with his upcoming challenge as he kept belief on his capability.

“I’ve been playing international cricket for last 10 or 11 years. So it’s not a pressurised job for me specially in this sort of cricket. Moreover it would be held in our country. I’m aiming to enjoy my game,” Ashraful told us.

Dhaka Gladiators owner Shihab Chowdhury though thought as an icon and local player Ashraful should be the captain of the team, said team management would decide on this issue.

“Team management will decide whether he will be captain. Perhaps they will take the decision once they will form the team.

“Personally I think Ash should be the captain as he is our icon and local player.”

Team consultant Habibul Bashar Sumon said they would take the decision about captaincy after forming the team.
“We still don’t know which players we will get in the players’ auction. We are not thinking about captaincy issue at the moment rather we are focused on to form a balanced team.”

Sumon said they would try to purchase national team vice-captain Mahmudullah Ryad, also a player of Dhaka Division.
“As he is the player of Dhaka Division, we’ve the soft corner for him. We’ll try our best to purchase him.”
Meanwhile, the logo was unveiled by Team Ambassador and actress Afsan Ara Bindu and team Icon Ashraful with the team song ‘Feel like Gladiator’.

Dhaka appointed former Bangladesh bowling coach Ian Pont as the head coach of the team while former Bangladesh left-arm spinner Mohammad Rafique as the bowling coach. Incumbent Bangladesh physio Vivhab Singh and fitness trainer Grant Luden will be with Gladiators as the same rule. Shafiqul Haque Heera was appointed as team manager.

Head coach Ian Pont however said it would be a challenging job for him since the Dhaka Gladiators want the trophy.
“I’m prepared to take challenge of the BPL and the biggest thing for me is to come back in the country. This time I have come here for the special assignment. We all try to give our best endeavors and experiences behind it,” Pont said. “Actually Twenty20 is a game where is a lot of thrills and excitement. We want to enthrall our spectators by presenting our best game. I don’t know the result of the game but our target in the game to win each and every match,” the former bowling coach of Bangladesh added.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://bplt20.actionboard.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum