Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
Latest topics
Buy Now
Sponsored
Facebook
Sponsored

Business as usual for retired Black Cap Styris

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Business as usual for retired Black Cap Styris

Post  Admin on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:11 am

Former Black Cap Scott Styris could hardly be accused of putting his feet up during his first summer retired from the international game.

The all-rounder, fresh from starring for the Northern Knights in the HRV Cup, has signed a contract to play in the newly formed Bangladesh Premier League, which starts on Thursday and runs until February 29.

Styris, who retired from international cricket last June, left for the subcontinent yesterday and will play for the Sylhet Royals.

"It's another league, I guess, and they are really starting to crop up everywhere around the world," Styris said yesterday.

"It's relatively late in being organised and it runs from the 9th to the 29th of February.

"It's all starting next week and I'll be off over there to take part in it."

While the BPL has slipped under the radar in this part of the world, a player auction was staged in Dhaka on January 19, with Pakistan's Shahid Afridi going for the highest total, $US700,000 ($NZ839,640).

"I didn't get picked up at the auction. But Darren Sammy, I think, pulled out and I've replaced him," Styris said.

"It's all happened relatively lately in terms of my involvement."

The BPL will be one of four domestic Twenty20 leagues that Styris participates in this year. The HRV Cup is done and dusted but in April he will fly to India to take part in the Indian Premier League before heading to England to play for Sussex in the county T20 tournament.

Life, it seems, as a retired international cricketer is not just an endless summer spent on sandy beaches drinking Coronas.

"It hasn't been like that for me yet at this stage," Styris said.

"I finish in Bangladesh on the 29th, come back for March and then head over to India in the first week of April for the IPL.

"I've also signed for Sussex in the county Twenty20 competition after that.

"But that will be it for me and at the back-end of July my cricket commitments finish for the year.

"I guess I'll be able to do it after that."

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://bplt20.actionboard.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum