Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
Latest topics
Buy Now
Sponsored
Facebook
Sponsored

Bevan's thoughts on BPL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bevan's thoughts on BPL

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:42 am

Batting coach of Bangladesh Premier League franchise Chittagong Kings Michael Bevan joined the squad on Saturday.

He spoke to the media on Sunday while watching a Dhaka Premier League match at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.

Here are the excerpts:

Your expectation on BPL

To be fair I don't have too many expectations about Bangladesh Premier League. I am really looking forward to seeing what the competition would be like the standard would be like. Obviously it's a big thing for Bangladesh cricket and it's a great opportunity for the local players to lift their standards. Hopefully they will benefit from the competition.

Your focus

I am going to ask the players what they are going to achieve and how they are going to achieve it and what we want to do as a team. It's a little bit tight scheduling because of the Dhaka Premier League and probably some of the overseas players won't get in before eighth. I am going to sit down with the batting group and talk about how we are going to approach the next 20 days.

How to play the Twenty20

You have to score a little bit quicker that the first thing. I think in Twenty 20 cricket you need a number of options. You need to be flexible about how you are scoring runs. You have to boost the scoring rate not only by hitting fours and sixes but also the number of balls that you play for one and twos. That's Twenty 20 cricket but it depends on the condition what strokes you need to play.

What benefit Bangladesh will have with this tournament

To be honest I haven't been following Bangladesh cricket since I haven't been playing for Australia and that in 2004. So it's been a good eight years I haven't been following Bangladesh cricket. In India and in the subcontinent cricket has been such a passion that's there is no reason why they shouldn't step up in terms of improvement of the players.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://bplt20.actionboard.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum