Bangladesh Premier League T20
The fourth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is going to take place in this coming November; BCB Media Committee chairman Jalal Yunus informed about the matter.
Latest topics
Buy Now
Sponsored
Facebook
Sponsored

Interview with Tamim Iqbal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interview with Tamim Iqbal

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 am

After a string of losses in the last few matches, the Pune Warriors find themselves in a situation similar to that of last year. The Pune Warriors' on-again, off-again form has been a cause of worry for their many fans. We catch up with one of their newer overseas recruits of the season, who has yet to play a single game for them.

Q. Is it true that you will be playing the next match for the Pune... Warriors?
Tamim: Yes, I indeed will be playing the next match against the Deccan Chargers. Hopefully I'll have a good game and so will the team.

Q. Has it been tough sitting on the sidelines waiting for an opportunity to come by?
Tamim: (sigh) It has been tough, of course. But I didn't expect it to be easy getting into the team either. There are only four foreigners slots in the playing eleven and we've got a good bunch of players. Jesse Ryder has been playing pretty well, so it wasn't going to be easy to get into the team.

Q. You had been in good form in the Asia Cup where you scored four consecutive half centuries...
Tamim: It was a special moment for us. It was a special moment for Bangladesh Cricket. For me personally, to have been dropped from the squad and then come back to be able to do what I did was something I'll probably never forget in my life. The only regret I probably have is not going on in the final and finishing the job to win the Asia Cup.

Q. How has your journey been in the IPL so far?
Tamim: It has been a great journey so far. The Pune bunch is a tight-knit bunch, and we have grown very close in a short period of time. To share the dressing room with Dada, who is someone we Bangladeshis have always looked up to, has been a real privilege. I have gotten to learn a lot from Dada just by talking to him. He's a real inspiration.

Q. There have only been a few Bangladeshis who have played the IPL, making you part of a select group...
Tamim: I believe there will eventually be more franchises interested in our players. The IPL is a truly wonderful platform to showcase and hone your skills, and playing in the tournament will definitely benefit our players.

Q. You will be playing your first game since the Asia Cup final. Will you find it hard to get back into your groove?
Tamim: I don't think so. I've been practising regularly in the nets and Dada and Allan Donald have been especially helpful. I was always hopeful of being brought into the team and I was never lying low.

Q. What do you think of Pune Warriors' chances in the IPL?
Tamim: We still have 8 more matches to go, so hopefully we'll get enough wins to secure a place in the Playoffs. That's our main goal right now.

Q. Last question, what can we expect from Tamim Iqbal in the IPL?
Tamim: Inshallah I shall score some stop and entertain our fans in the process.

The Bangladeshi striker will play for the Pune Warriors as they face the Deccan Chargers again on the 1st of May in Cuttack.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://bplt20.actionboard.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum